Xat 2008 Essay Topic
XAT Previous Year Question Papers – With the announcement of XAT 2018 dates, the countdown to one of the most well-known management entrance exams has begun. XAT 2018 will be conducted on January 7, 2018. Candidates need to prepare well to crack this exam. Using XAT previous year question papers is a highly effective way to understand the pattern and structure of the exam. With the help of XAT previous year papers, candidates can gain insights into the topics from which the questions are likely to be asked. Unlike last year when the exam was held in pen and paper mode, XAT exam will be held in online mode this year. However, the exam pattern will remain the same. In this article, candidates can find XAT previous year question papers of last 10 years (from 2008 to 2017) in PDF format. These question papers can be easily downloaded. XAT previous year papers will also help the candidates understand the difficulty level of questions asked in the exam and prepare accordingly.
XAT Admit Card 2018 - Download here
XAT Cutoff 2018 - Click here
XAT Previous Year Question Papers
Let’s take a look at some of the key benefits of solving XAT previous year question papers -
Know the nature of XAT 2018
It is important for the aspirants to know and understand the exam pattern of XAT. With the help of previous year XAT question papers, the candidates can gain useful insights into the XAT Syllabus 2018 and the types of questions that may be asked in the exam. Also, the candidates may notice that some of the questions are presented with slight variations. This information can prove to be very useful in the XAT 2018.
Practicing XAT last year question papers is an excellent way to measure one’s own preparation level. With the help of last years question papers, the candidates can identify their weak areas and track their progress. This can prove to be very useful during XAT preparations.
XAT previous years question papers provide an idea of the difficulty level of XAT. As a result of XAT, the candidates can prepare accordingly. Moreover, by analyzing the previous year papers of XAT, the candidates can predict the trending topics.
A familiarity with the exam pattern and the types of questions asked in the exam will prove to be very helpful when it comes to the boosting the confidence of the candidates. It will also help in reducing anxiety and stress related to the exam.
Download XAT Previous Year Questions Papers
In the table given below, the candidates can find the links to download the XAT previous year papers. These papers are in pdf files and can be easily downloaded. The candidates can take a printout of XAT last year papers and solve the same.
XAT Question Paper
XAT Exam Pattern 2018
As mentioned above, the candidates who are planning to appear for XAT 2018 must gain familiarity with the exam pattern of XAT. The exam will be conducted in online mode. Here’s a brief overview of XAT 2018 exam pattern –
- There are two papers in XAT – Paper 1 and Paper 2.
- In Paper 1, there are 3 sections - Verbal Ability & Logical Reasoning, Decision Making, and Quantitative Ability & Data Interpretation.
- The number of questions varies from year to year. Last year, the total number of questions in Paper 1 was 72.
- Each question carries one mark. There is negative marking too.
- Paper 2 comprises General Knowledge and Essay Writing Section.
The total duration of the exam is 3 hours and 35 minutes.
XAT Sample Papers 2018
Along with the XAT previous years papers, the candidates must also practice XAT sample papers 2018. A sample paper contains a set of questions from every section. Practicing these papers is an excellent way to enhance one’s speed and accuracy. It will also help the candidates manage their time well during the XAT exam.
XAT 2013 is scheduled for 6 January 2013. It is a national level entrance examination conducted by Xavier Group of Institutions for admission in Management programs every year. The Xavier group is regarded as one of the very prestigious institutes. Find here the complete Solved XAT 2008 Analytical Reasoning & Decision Making question paper. It had 38 questions.
Directions for question 1 to 4:
Each group of questions in this section is based on a set of conditions. In answering some of the questions, it may be useful to draw a rough diagram. Choose the response that most accurately and completely answers each question and blacken the corresponding space on your answer sheet.
There are exactly ten stores and no other buildings on a straight street in Bistupur Market. On the northern side of the street, from West to East, are stores 1, 3, 5, 7, and 9; on the southern side of the street, also from West to East, are stores 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. The stores on the northern side are located directly across the street from those on the southern side, facing each other in pairs, as follows: 1 and 2; 3 and 4; 5 and 6; 7 and 8; 9 and 10. Each store is decorated with lights in exactly one of the following colours: green, red and yellow. The stores have been decorated with lights according to the following conditions:
No store is decorated with lights of the same colour as those of any store adjacent to it. No store is decorated with lights of the same colour as those of the store directly across the street from it. Yellow lights decorate exactly one store on each side of the street. Red lights decorate store 4. Yellow lights decorate store 5.
1. Which one of the following could be an accurate list of the colours of the lights that decorate stores 2, 4, 6, 8 and 10, respectively?
1) green, red, green, red, green
2) green, red, green, yellow, red
3) green, red, yellow, red, green
4) yellow, green, red, green, red
5) yellow, red, green, red, yellow
2. If green lights decorate store 7, then each of the following statements could be false EXCEPT:
1) Green lights decorate store 2
2) Green lights decorate store 10
3) Red lights decorate store 8
4) Red lights decorate store 9
5) Yellow lights decorate store 2
3. Which one of the following statements MUST be true?
1) Green lights decorate store 10
2) Red lights decorate store 1
3) Red lights decorate store 8
4) Yellow lights decorate store 8
5) Yellow lights decorate store 10
4. Suppose that yellow lights decorate exactly two stores on the south side of the street and exactly one store on the north side. If all other conditions remain the same, then which one of the following statements MUST be true?
1) Green lights decorate store 1
2) Red lights decorate store 7
3) Red lights decorate store 10
4) Yellow lights decorate store 2
5) Yellow lights decorate store 8
Click Here, To See the Complete Question Paper