Electronic Communication Essay
Essay on Face to Face Vs. Electronic Communication
1722 Words7 Pages
Why was the message that was sent to me in all caps? Is that a way of showing anger? Many get emails or texts or any forms of messages through electronic communication and have no idea what the message is saying or how their tone of voice is. Many have kids who just started using communication or haven’t started at all, and are wondering what to teach their kids about communication. The best solution to this problem is to teach using face to face communication. In the old days, talking face to face was the way to go. They would walk or drive somewhere and meet up just to have a conversation. Now a day we rely on electronics. Even though sending emails is easy, talking face to face helps understand people in a more formal manner. Are these…show more content…
‘Friends and family tried to help, but our relationships had changed in the face of grief,’ she says. ‘Most did not know how to deal with the situation’” (Stich 2). Also computers help those who are from a low- income household and when they are given internet access it helps them become better readers. In addition, Facebook makes shyness disappear. “Facebook is for shy people as water is for the thirsty” (Rosenwald 1). Sometimes the internet improves lives in building relationships, and can be used as a bridge. “Facebook is a crutch, feeling more comfortable with digital friends than personal ones” (Rosenwald 2). But are these the only good things related with using the internet? Using electronic communication comes along with many effects. One of the big effects it causes is kids become less social and they keep to themselves. The more media means the less happy they become and the more likely they are to get in trouble. Using media does more harm to yourself than anybody. Antisocial behaviors build up and people become more self-centered. “It is like they don’t want to talk to people” (Gormly 2). It shows that they are lazy, rude, and impersonal. Not wanting to talk to others ruins family relationships and social lives. Many say “it feels like their lives are continually
Published on October 27th, 2013 | by Mehedi Khan
Advantages and Disadvantages of Electronic Communication
Technology in Modern Communication
Communication is needed for decision making, coordination, control, and planning. Communication is required for processing information in the accounting department, finance department, personnel department, establishment, of public relations, sales department, market research, production department, purchase department etc. Communication with the government, shareholders, and prospective investors, customers etc. is also required for the day to day functioning of the business concern. The conventional process of communication is not sufficient to meet the multidimensional needs of the business enterprises. So, the need for modern communication technology emerges to meet the desired need of modern business enterprises. Worldwide communication has been facilitated by the electronic transmission of data which connects individuals, regardless of geographic location, almost instantly.
Definition of Electronic Communication
Communication using electronic media known as electronic communication. Such communication allows transmission of message or information using computer systems, fax machine, e-mail, telephone or video conferencing and satellite network. People can easily share conversation, picture, image, sound, graphics, maps, interactive software and thousands of things for the development of electronic communication. Due to electronic technology, jobs, working locations and cultures are changing and therefore people can easily access worldwide communication without any physical movement.
L.C. Bovee and Others said, “Electronic communication is the transmission of information using advanced techniques such as computer moderns, facsimile machines, voice mail, electronic mail, teleconferencing, video cassettes, and private television networks.”
Advantages of Electronic Communication
The following points highlight the advantages of electronic communication:
1. Speedy transmission: It requires only a few seconds to communicate through electronic media because it supports quick transmission.
2. Wide coverage: World has become a global village and communication around the globe requires a second only.
3. Low cost: Electronic communication saves time and money. For example, Text SMS is cheaper than the traditional letter.
4. Exchange of feedback: Electronic communication allows the instant exchange of feedback. So communication becomes perfect using electronic media.
5. Managing global operation: Due to the advancement of electronic media, business managers can easily control operation across the globe. Video or teleconferencing e-mail and mobile communication are helping managers in this regard.
Disadvantages of Electronic Communication
Electronic communication is not free from the below limitations:
1. The volume of data: The volume of telecommunication information is increasing at such a fast rate that business people are unable to absorb it within the relevant time limit.
2. The cost of development: Electronic communication requires huge investment for infrastructural development. Frequent change in technology also demands further investment.
3. Legal status: Data or information, if faxed, may be distorted and will cause zero value in the eye of law.
4. Undelivered data: Data may not be retrieved due to system error or fault with the technology. Hence required service will be delayed
5. Dependency: Technology is changing every day and therefore poor countries face the problem as they cannot afford the new or advanced technology. Therefore poor countries need to be dependent towards developed countries for sharing global network.
Please comment on what do you think-
Tags:Business, Communication, Tech
About the Author
Mehedi Khan Business is all about building relationship. Marketing is the fuel of business.